VISION OF INSTITUTION
“TO CREATE SELF-SUFFICIENT LEARNERS OF ENGINEERING WITH A SOUND BASE OF THEORETICAL KNOWLEDGE, ABILITY TO ACCOMPLISH TASKS, AND GOOD HUMAN VALUES”.
MISSION OF INSTITUTION
- Focusing on student learning of engineering basics and fostering their ability to learn through doing.
- Providing hard and soft infrastructure to achieve the above and co-create with the student competent engineering man power.
- Ensuring linkages with industry to infuse industry readiness amongst students.
- Inculcating sound human values, especially dignity of labour, professional ethics and social responsibility among students.
Relevance of the Statements
Various findings of student failure in the field after completing diploma in engineering is due to following reasons.
- Lack of clarity in basic engineering concepts.
- Lack of hands on practices.
- Expectations of white collar jobs i.e. reluctant to work at ground level.
- Lack of leadership quality i.e. unable to work comfortably with team.
To overcome all the above mentioned issues following methodology is practiced by institute
- Student tendency is observed oriented more towards marks but not for gaining knowledge due to which he\she does not get interest in learning new things. In order to develop interest in subject teaching learning process is developed such that students should be able to correlate theory with practicals. This is achieved by conducting extra practicals/micro projects/guest lectures from industry experts or field experts.
- College is providing the (entire) required hard and soft infrastructure in order to make the student familiar with all necessary basic technologies practiced in field.
- In order to know the industry culture and the role of diploma engineers in the field, students are send for in-plant industrial training/ industrial tour/ industry or field visit/ industrial training during summer vacations/arranging dialogue of students and faculties with industry HR dept. persons.
- Leadership attitude is developed in students through various co-curricular activities like quiz competition, paper presentation, project competition, seminars etc. cultural activities like dance, drama, singing, debate, elocution competition etc. Sports, games and NSS camps.
- Overall the teaching learning process in the institute is focused on providing the environment comfortable enough to explore hidden potentials of student so that he/she should be passionate about the profession they will work in.
By practicing all the above methodologies we can create students who will be self sufficient learners to serve the society with good human values.