Program Educational Objectives (PEO’s):
1. To develop confidence in students by providing more exposure to industry experience and world of work at global level.
2. To provide conceptual knowledge and develop analytical ability.
3. To develop communication skill with good English by providing sufficient practice.
4. To enhance latest technical knowledge, industry interaction and media.
5. To develop learning to learn skills and life skills to cope up with industrial culture.
6. To impart managerial skills by providing appropriate theoretical inputs.
7. To develop problem solving ability through technical projects.
Program outcome (PO’s):
Students will be able:
1. To understand and apply basic concepts of mathematics, science and engineering fundamentals.
2. To read and interpret production drawings.
3. To plan for materials, tools, processes and quality control techniques.
4. To make use of Operation and Maintenance Manuals.
5. To know operation of new equipment, machinery and instruments like CNC, PLC, Robotics, EDM, ECM, laser cutting/welding, etc.
6. To use CAD for 2D drawings and familiarity with CAD software like Catia, Pro-E etc (Awareness level).
7. To use Modern quality tools used in industry like 5S, Six sigma, TQM, TPM, JIT, Kanban, Poka-Yoke, Quality Control Charts, etc.
8. To know design of Machine Element.
9. To develop problem solving skills.
10. To apply cost reduction techniques.
11. To use IS standards (ISO-9000, QS14000, etc).
12. To know maintenance of modern equipments and machineries.
13. To develop drafting Skills.
14. To operate Lathe machine, Drilling Machines, CNC Machines, Milling and Shaping Machines, Grinding Machines.
15. To carry out In process gauging.
16. To learn setting up of Automatic machines.
17. To ensure safety and cleanliness of labs and workshop.
18. To develop communication ability, presentation skill and computer proficiency.
19. To develop learning to learn skill.
20. To develop skill for information search and observation.
21. To work as a member of a team.