Program Educational Objectives (PEO’s):
1. To develop confidence in students by providing more exposure to industry experience and world of work at global level.
2. To provide conceptual knowledge and develop analytical ability.
3. To develop communication skill with good English by providing sufficient practice.
4. To enhance latest technical knowledge industry interaction and media.
5. To develop learning to learn skills and life skills to cope up with industrial culture.
6. To impart managerial skills by providing appropriate theoretical inputs.
7. To develop problem solving ability through technical projects.
Program outcome (PO’s):
Student shall be able to:
1. Use knowledge of mathematics, Science, and engineering fundamentals.
2. Understand properties and application of construction material.
3. Apply principles and conditions of equilibrium of forces.
4. Prepare Estimates/ bill of quantities/ Tender documents and valuation of existing buildings.
5. Select type of foundation considering soil strata.
6. Rectify defects in construction and Carry out building maintenance.
7. Follow various standards, IS codes and formulate computing requirements.
8. Analyze forces on members and design simple civil engineering structures.
9. Analyze sewage/ industrial waste/quality of water and suggest treatments to meet desired
needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety.
10. Test engineering materials, analyze test reports and interpret them.
11. Search information/Collect field data, analyze and interpret reports.
12. Use latest techniques/ skills for quality control. (Like NDT, Total station).
13. Develop computer proficiency and use civil engineering software.
14. Prepare various building plans, using appropriate by laws.
15. Develop understanding of professional, ethical, legal and social issues.
16. Understand environmental degradation, local impact on environment and society.
17. Propagate program of water shade management, rain water harvesting, and micro irrigation and carry out construction actives.
18. Use engineering knowledge for rural population and render services for development
schemes of state and central government.
19. Prepare manual and computer generated civil engineering and structural drawings.
20. Read and interpret civil engineering and structural drawing.
21. Use survey instruments, Carry out civil engineering survey.
22. Operate tools/equipment/machines with safety.
23. Write reports for a given task./work/project.
24. Develop professional skills like observation, communication, presentation, creative thinking.
25. Plan/Organize/coordinate/execute and supervise construction activities, like Buildings,
roads, bridges, railway.