In 1959 Rural Institute is established by National Council for Rural Higher Education under which in 1994 Mechanical Engineering course was introduced with intake of 60 students. This course is affiliated to DTE, Mumbai. Currently department is running Diploma in Mechanical engineering with initial intake of 60 students. The department is enriched with highly qualified and well experienced faculty. Department of Mechanical engineering becomes the first to get NBA accreditation second time in Maharashtra.
Vision:- “CREATING NEED BASED, TECHNICALLY COMPETENT AND SOCIALLY RESPONSIBLE MECHANICAL ENGINEERS.”
- Equipping the students with necessary technical and intellectual capacity to cope up with the changing needs of the industry.
- Providing state of the art learning environment to produce a competent and skilled Mechanical engineer.
- Provide accessibility to latest trends and modern equipment to face fast changing demand of industry and society.
- To inculcate ethical and leadership values in students this will transform them in to competent Mechanical engineers.
- PEO-01 Provide conceptual and disciplined knowledge to solve broad based mechanical engineering problems.
- PEO-02 Address social, legal and cultural issues as a mechanical engineer and provide sustainable and eco-friendly solution for the same.
- PEO-03 Practice their profession with modern engineering tools and effective communication skills.
- PEO-04 Pursue their professional development through working effectively in team, continuous life long learning and adopting professional ethics.
Program Outcomes (POs):-
PO 1. Basic Knowledge: Apply knowledge of basic mathematics, sciences and basic engineering to solve the broad-based Mechanical engineering problems.
PO 2.Discipline Knowledge: Apply Mechanical engineering knowledge to solve broad-based Mechanical engineering related problems.
PO 3.Experiments and practice: Plan to perform experiments and practices to use the results to solve broad-based Mechanical engineering problems.
PO 4.Engineering tools: Apply relevant Mechanical technologies and tools with an understanding of the limitations.
PO 5.The engineer and society: Assess social, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to practice in field of Mechanical engineering.
PO 6.Environment and sustainability: Apply Mechanical engineering solutions also for the sustainable development practices in societal and environmental contexts.
PO 7.Ethics: Apply ethical principles for commitment to professional ethics, responsibilities and norms of the practice also in the field of Mechanical engineering.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs):
PSO 1.Modern Software Usage: Use latest Mechanical engineering related software for simple design, drafting, manufacturing, maintenance and documentation of mechanical engineering components and processes..
PSO 2.Equipment and Instruments: Maintain equipment and instruments related to Mechanical engineering.
PSO 3.Mechanical Engineering Processes: Manage Mechanical engineering processes by selecting and scheduling relevant equipment, substrates, quality control techniques and operational parameters.